Thursday 18 January 2018

Fossil canvas panel by Monika Maksym

Hi all!
Monika here with my very first post for the Andy Skinner Creative Team. I am very excited to share my projects with you!

For my debut I've decided to make a canvas panel.



Firstly the whole surface was primed with gesso. Stencil, modelling paste, stamps and a little bit of sand helped me create stone and fossil effects.

 
 
Once dried, whole panel was painted with chalky finish paints and layered with a few washes of fluid acrylic paints to achieve aged look.




Then I've stamped and heat embossed some of the images to add even more texture and interest to my piece. 



To finish it off I've darkened edges of my  panel and  slightly splattered it with black paint.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you like it
Monika


Products used:


Check out Andy's new Stamps collection:

http://www.andyskinnercrafts.com/store/c10/Illusionary_Artists_Stamps.html










Andy Skinner Fossils Cling Rubber Stamp Set 
 

Andy Skinner Stencil -Fossil
A Skinner Stencil - FOSSIL


Mixed Media Acrylics - raw umber, yellow oxide, burnt sienna, english red oxide, carbon black, primary yellow, dark grey value 3
Chalky Finish Paints- enchanted, whisper
Decoart Media Gesso
Decoart Media Modelling Paste 




Website: www.ilovecreations.co.uk
Facebook page:  Love Creations
Instagram: Love Creations

18 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab Monika, I need one for my conservatory :) Congrats on your debut :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous canvas Monika. I love the fossils stamps, totally brilliant artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ciekawy, intrygujÄ…cy efekt. Gratulacje, Monika :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Monika! Hope it's ok if we share this link on our blog! Thank you so much for using our products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, yes absolutely :) that would be great x

      Delete
  6. Monika, your creation is absolutely fantastic! I love that look you achieved - like a priceless "nature" creation from rock after millennia of changes in the Earth's lifetime. It's beautiful! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, that looks like something I would see in a museum. VERY COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way cool, Monika!!! Amazing texture and depth!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated.